From Writing Better Copy to Taking Advantage of Tools Like Mail Merge Software, These Tips Will Warm Up Your Cold Emails
Cold emails are always a challenge. What makes it even more difficult is that there’s a huge body of advice out there about how to make your cold emails work, and not all of it’s good. Everyone seems to have a cold email recipe for success — but which ones are the best? What tools and strategies can you use to see real results in the form of conversions?
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the amount of cold email advice out there, don’t worry. We’ve put together the best tools, tips, and tricks so that you don’t have to spend hours sifting through articles. Our ultimate guide to sending cold emails that actually get a response includes:
- Tools that make sending cold emails easier
- Find ways to warm up your cold leads before emailing
- Perfect your cold email copy
Keeping track of your cold email statistics can be challenging if you don’t have the right software. Use mail merge software to keep your cold emailing initiatives organized.
Use Mail Merge Software to Make Cold Emailing More Organized and Less of a Hassle
It’s no secret that marketing is all about the numbers. After all, how else would you be able to gauge the success of your campaigns? When we post on social media, we can track our overall success with metrics like reach, comments, and likes. When it comes to cold emails, the important things to pay attention to are:
- Open rates
- Response rates
The right mail merge software will help you get more out of your email campaigns — and also make it easier for you to pinpoint what’s working and what isn’t — by compiling statistics like these in an easy to view way.
Cold emails don’t have to be ice cold — doing a little research before you begin outreach can make a big difference in your cold email success.
Find Ways to Thaw Out Your Ice Cold Leads Before You Email
Cold emails are called cold emails for a reason. If you haven’t been in touch with your outreach recipient before, it can be really difficult to get a response. You have to make that first point of contact sometime, but if you find ways to warm your leads up before sending that cold email, your response rates should go up.
But what does thawing out an ice cold lead mean? One of the easiest ways to do this is to build brand awareness on LinkedIn before you reach out. The audience match and advertising features on LinkedIn make it a breeze.
Writing is an art, and crafting the perfect cold email is no different. Following best practices to create effective cold email copy is another great way to boost your cold email response rates.
Follow Proven Strategies to Craft the Perfect Cold Email Message
There are a million ways to write a cold email, and not all of them are created equal. Just like everyone has a secret family lasagna/chili/pie/etc. recipe that they claim is the best, everyone has a recipe for writing a cold email that they think is the best. Or at least marketers do!
Not sure where to begin crafting the perfect cold email? Consider starting with scientifically-proven techniques like:
- The Before-After-Bridge (BAB). Paint a picture of the recipient’s world before your product, highlighting pain points. Paint a picture of what the world looks like for your recipient after they adopt your product or service, pain points solved. And introduce your product or service as a way of bridging the gap between the two.
- But You Are Free (BYAF). Make a request, but also make sure the recipient is free to do whatever they like. Removing the pressure doubles the chances that they will do what you asked.
- Star Chain Hook. Start with the star of the show, the big idea you want to convey. Create a chain of facts, sources, benefits, and so on that ultimately lead up to your call to action, or your hook.
- The Reader’s Digest Model. Why is Reader’s Digest so effective? It’s concise, no-fluff, no-nonsense, and packed with information readers really want to know. More than that? It jams all that information into the opening paragraph to arouse a reader’s curiosity and increase the chances that they continue into the rest of the article. This works just as well in cold emails as it does in magazines.
Sending cold emails doesn’t have to be stressful. Follow these tips and best practices to boost your response rates and get more out of your email outreach.
Sending cold emails is challenging, but they get significantly easier if you have the right tools and strategies under your belt. Follow these easy tips to make sure your next batch of cold emails bring in more responses than you ever dreamed possible!